Tuesday 11 June 2013

KANYE WEST EXPLAINS ALBUM TITLE: ‘YEEZUS IS MY GOD NAME’

 Kanye West was in a vibing spirit last night  as he hosted a listening party for his new album, Yeezus on the loading dock of Milk Studios in New York City.

Kanye cleared up that Yeezus title for anyone who thinks it’s blasphemy. He said, ‘I wanna explain something about the title Yeezus, simply put, West was my slave name and Yeezus is my god name.”  On the track “I Am A God,” he also raps “Even though I’m a man of God. My whole life in the hands of God. See y’all better quit playing with God” and “I know he the most high, but I’m a close high.

 Yeezy seemed very passionate about allowing his music speak for itself as well as not being pressured into the confined box of what’s hot in music today. He said, “I gotta new strategy it’s called no strategy and I gotta way to sell more music, its called make better music.” He also added, “We didn’t give a f-ck about what nobody said from the outside looking in. We just wanted to make the best product possible and this is just the beginning of an entire new mentality about how to make music.”

This album must be dope..west is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...